Gone are the days of relying on bulky machines to scan and sign documents. Now, with your iPhone or iPad, you can easily scan a document and convert it into a PDF within a minute, making it simple to send it to its intended recipient. Here’s how to scan, sign, and send documents using your iPhone.
The Apple Notes app, which is included by default on the iPhone and iPad, eliminates the hassle of completing forms for doctor’s appointments, signing leases, or sharing contracts. With this app, you can perform all of these tasks without any trouble.
When using the scan feature, the resulting document appears like a genuine scan rather than just a photograph of a paper document. Additionally, you can customize it to black and white, add an electronic signature, and merge several pages into a single PDF document.
Here are the steps to follow:
Prior to beginning the scanning process, it’s recommended that you place your document on a background with contrasting colors to assist your iPhone or iPad in distinguishing between the document and its surroundings. For instance, if your document is white, consider scanning it on a dark wooden table.
- Launch the Notes app and tap the paper-and-pen icon located at the bottom right corner to create a new note.
- Tap on the Camera icon and choose “Scan Documents.”
- Position your document beneath the camera lens of your iPhone or iPad. An orange highlighted box will appear around the edges of the document, and the scan will be taken automatically. If the scan does not occur automatically, you can press either the shutter button or one of the volume buttons to capture the image.
- If the document size looks distorted, you can adjust the scanning box’s corners by clicking or dragging them to align with the document’s edges and exclude the background.
- If you’re creating a multi-page PDF, continue scanning pages one after another to create a single file.
- Press Save once you’ve finished scanning your document.
How to edit your iPhone or iPad scan
Once you’ve finished scanning your document, you can edit it using the following steps:
- To rename the document, tap on the file name at the top of the scan.
- To add a page to the document, tap the plus icon on the lower left-hand corner of the image.
- To crop the document, select the crop icon that looks like a square. This will open a four-point cropping box with magnifying glasses that will help you crop the document precisely.
- To adjust the document’s orientation, select the rotation icon located at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- To export your document, click on the Export button in the top right corner of the scan. Once you’ve selected Export, you can print, mark up, copy, share, or save the PDF to your files.
- To sign the PDF, tap the Mark Up option after clicking Export. Press the + button on the bottom right and click Signature. Here, you can add a saved signature or create a new one. You can adjust the size of your signature and place it anywhere on the document.
That’s all there is to it!